Basic - Learn the fundamentals of CCW defense
Duration: 6 hours
Scotty Morris and Matthew Clinton
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course is great for anyone who carries a pistol concealed. It teaches the fundamentals of defensive shooting and introduces the student how to fight with a pistol. Students will learn how to safely and efficiently present the handgun from the holster. It also focuses on situational awareness and teaches students how not to become a victim. This course is from a personal protection and fighter mindset.
- firearms safety
- fundamentals of presentation
- equipment/gear options
- front concealment
- strong side concealment
- turns and movement
- presentation from a seated position
- situational awareness
- fighter mindset
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will finish the day with the knowledge and confidence to safely carry and present a pistol from concealed carry. Students will recieve a certificate of completion at the end of training.
Basic, Intermediate, CCW
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
Who Can Attend:
- All U.S citizens who are legally allowed to possess a firearm
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Pistol 1 or equivalent course. This course is designed for shooters with an understanding of handgun fundamentals and manipulations.
- A positive attitude
- A quality compact or full sized semi automatic pistol (9mm or larger)
- A quality holster that provides acceptable trigger guard protection and weapon retention
- Minimum of 2 pistol magazines
- At least 1 magazine holster
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Closed toe shoes
- Sturdy belt
- Off body bag or purse designed for concealed carry
- Shooting gloves
- Ball cap
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Clothing suitable for crappy weather (we train in the rain)
- water and snacks (breaks will be included)
- bug spray and/or sunscreen
For safety reasons bra holsters, soft side collapsible holsters, cross draw, Serpa Blackhawk, ankle, off-body and behind-the-back holsters are NOT allowed during live-fire portion of course.
If you have any questions please contact the instructors prior to class.