There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This class is an introductory course to students wishing to build their knowledge and skills in precision and extended range marksmanship. Students will learn shooting fundamentals as well as ballistic data gathering to begin stretching the distance on their personal rifles and obtain accurate and consistent hits at extended ranges. Students will leave class with an accurate ballistic data card for their individual rifles. Maximum range for the basic class is 400 yards.
- Weapon safety
- Gas gun VS Bolt gun
- Shooting fundamentals
- Zero procedures
- Cleaning Procedures
- Understanding M.O.A. vs MIL Radian
- Establishing DOPE
- Reading and estimating wind
- Gathering and application of ballistic data
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusion of the course, the student will have a strong basic understanding and an increased confidence in extended range marksmanship. Students will have gathered and applied accurate ballistic data to their individual rifles and will have all necessary information allowing them to make accurate adjustments for first round hits at ranges out to 400 yards.
Long Range Precision, Rifle
- A quality rifle capable of 1” M.O.A. or better. – Bolt action or semi-automatic rifles welcome.
- Minimum caliber of .223 and a maximum of .300 WM (.338 Lapua and .50 BMG are not permitted)
- Ammunition – at least 200 rounds of match grade ammunition.
- Ear and eye protection – you can either bring your own ear and eye protection or you can buy some here (we have a very inexpensive set of ear and eye protection for $4.99)
- Water and or snacks. Due to the remote location of the range it is advised to pack a lunch.
- Comfortable outdoor clothing and footwear that allows freedom to move to different shooting positions
- Rain gear “If it’s raining, we’re training”
- Shooting mat
- Rifle mounted bi-pod and/or sandbag
- Note pad and Pen
- State ID
- A Humble attitude and willingness to learn