There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The IATPS course teaches the student how to think and work through realistic tactical problems that could occur during a lethal encounter while using justifiable use of force with a defensive pistol in both day light and reduced light environments.
- Proper mindset to win.
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Bilateral Carbine shooting
- Carbine to pistol transitions
- Tactical Problem solving Carbine stoppages
- Primary hand draw and threat engagement.
- Working through pistol stoppages.
- Support hand draw and engagement.
- Working through primary hand only stoppages and support hand only stoppages.
- Tactical Problem solving while wounded.
- Tactical Problem solving in low light.
- Combatives problem solving while in a position of disadvantage.
Advanced, Other, Rifle, Scenario Based Training, Scenario Based Training (Simunitions, Man Marking Cartridge), Tactical Casualty Care (TCCC / TECC)
This is an Advanced level class and requires proof of a basic defensive pistol or rifle class, valid CWP or background check, character witness.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your CCW permit once you register.
- Defensive Carbine (.556, 300blk ,9mm ect)
- Weapon mounted light for carbine
- Carbine sling (2 point sling preferred )
- Min of 2 Carbine Magazines (more is better)
- Ability to carry one Carbine magazine on your body( More is better)
- Defensive pistol (9mm or larger).
- Holster that stays open after drawing.
- Minimum of two magazines ( more is better).
- 350 rounds of pistol ammo
- 350 rounds Carbine ammo.
- At least one pistol magazine pouch( more is better).
- Sturdy belt to support pistol and spare magazine.
- Hand held compact flashlight( weapon mounted lights are ok but not a replacement for hand held light.).
- Weather appropriate clothing.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Recommend knee pads but not required.
NOTE: course can be shot from EDC concealment
or full duty gear.