There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course introduces the new shotgun owner, or anyone interested in learning about the Modern Tactical Pump-Action shotgun, to the ins and outs of proper ammunition selection, safety, handling, loading, unloading, firing, and maintenance. Course material is presented in a casual and relaxed environment with sufficient classroom and practical application time.
Learn how to disassemble and reassemble your shotgun with ease. Making cleaning and repair a breeze. Pick up a special TotS cleaning kit and be able to service your shotgun on your own.
You will also learn how to manipulate your shotgun, load, and reload all while never stepping foot on a range. Stay cool inside with our specially designed training course that will give you the confidence you desire and the comfortability of indoor training.
- Responsible firearms ownership and applications of the shotgun
- Firearms safety for the home, workplace, and vehicle
- Safety concerns and practices while training and while carrying a firearm
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Locking devices and techniques for firearms to prevent unauthorized access
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, misidentification, accidental discharges, etc.)
- Ready positions
- Components and operation of modern shotguns
- Types, components, and purposes of modern shotgun ammunition
- Applicable laws relating to the possession, transportation, and storage of firearms
- General guidelines on interstate travel with firearms
- Administrative loading and unloading of shotguns
- The fundamental of basic shooting techniques
- Preventative maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and safe storage)
Expectations and Outcomes
Total Course cost is $195, $25 deposit is received now, and the remaining $170 due at the course.
Included in the course is a 12 gauge cleaning kit specifically put together by Tip of the Spear Training Group for your 12 Gauge Shotgun.
Basic, NRA Courses, Shotgun, USCCA Courses
i.e. 870, 500, 590
Please wear long pants with pockets, closed-toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut necklines)