THIS COURSE IS STEP 2 OF 2 IN OUR FOUNDATIONAL SHOTGUN SERIES. THIS INTERMEDIATE COURSE FOLLOWS UP ON BASIC SKILLS BY ADDING MANIPULATION AND HANDLING TECHNIQUES UNIQUE TO THE SHOTGUN.
Duration: 4 Hours range
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Experienced instructors guide each student through various range exercises and shooting drills designed to improve target performance and increase comfort levels. For those looking to use the shotgun for home defense, sport, or hunting, this is a great practical step to master the shotgun’s performance.
This course is Step 2 of 2 in our foundational shotgun series. We strongly recommend Shotgun Orientation (101) or equivalent before you attend Shotgun 102. The student MUST know and be able to demonstrate how to safely load, fire, and unload a shotgun.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
• Shotgun selection and support equipment review
• Shotgun manipulation skills
• Marksmanship fundamentals
• Slug zeroing
• Buckshot patterning
• Static shooting position drills
• Practical application drills
• Cleaning and maintenance
In Home Defense Training, NRA Courses, Scenario Based Training, Shotgun, USCCA Courses
• Pump or semi-automatic shotgun with sling (12 or 20 Gauge)
• Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
• Clothing suitable for training in any weather
• Shooting gloves
• Knee and elbow pads
• Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
• Earmuffs and earplugs