There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
- Understand the fundamentals of marksmanship as they apply to a semi-auto rifle equipped with a magnified red dot, low power fixed, or variable power optic.
- Gain a more thorough understanding of external ballistics and how to compensate for range and wind.
- Fire from supported and unsupported field firing positions.
- Build confidence in the selection and zeroing processes equipment, as well as common products in the market
- Introduce shooters to rapid transitions from CQB to Mid-Range engagements, including the use of offset irons and red dot
Advanced, Intermediate, Rifle
Prerequisites (One Required):
- Law enforcement or active duty military personnel
- NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course
- Successful completion of TRC Introductory Carbine course, or course of similar nature
Firearms Requirements (Student provided):
- Rifle: Rifle/Carbine chambered in 5.56 or 7.62, capable of 2.0 MOA groups at 100 yards
- Optic: Red Dot with Magnifier, Low Power Fixed, or Low Variable Powered Optic with appropriate reticle.
- System: Rifle system must be capable of holding groups of 2 MOA or less (*Most rifles from a reputable manufacturer are capable)
Ammo requirements (Student furnished): 300 rounds of quality ammunition in selected caliber