PISTOL BASICS & HOLSTER WORKSHOP
Basic - A Review of Firearms Safety, Marksmanship Fundamentals and Repetitions with Semi-Automatic Pistols and Holsters for Every Day Carry/Concealed Carry in the State of Florida
Duration: Approximately 5 hours (approximately 1.5 hrs in the Classroom and 3.5 on the Range)
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course is both a Detailed Introduction to - and a Valuable Refresher in - the Operation of Modern, Semi-Automatic Handgun for both
- the New Shooter
- those accustomed to Lawful, Every Day Carry.
The Instructor will present Firearms Safety, the Fundamentals of Pistol Marksmanship and Best Practices for Safe Holster use; in the classroom with no live ammunition present for student weapons.
Then the Instructor will facilitate Live-Fire drills on the shooting range, to evaluate and improve your fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and best practices for safe holster use.
Expectations and Outcomes
a Review of Firearms Safety, Marksmanship Fundamentals and Repeated Operation of the Semi-Automatic Pistol, with Holster, in preparation for Every Day Carry & Concealed Carry in the State of Florida.
Basic, Intermediate, CCW, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, NRA Courses, USCCA Courses
Upon registration request, and prior to approval, students should be ready to email the following to MDCastella6@gmail.com
- a descritpion of the pistol you intend to bring to class (include manufacturer, model and calibre 9mm or better)
- a copy of your valid, State-issued Identification
- a copy of your valid, State Issued CCW Permit or valid LE Credential
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your Concealed Carry Weapons permit once you register.
Student Requirements: all attendees must sign a waiver provided upon arrival.
- a Pistol of quality manufacture, in good condition
- a Holster of quality manufacture and rigid design which allows one-handed securing of the pistol
- at least 2 magazine pouches of rigid design, in good condition
- at least 3 Pistol magazines
- an outer shirt/blouse/garment for concealed carry exercises
- 250 rounds for your pistol
- eye protection
- ear protection
- protection from the sun/weather (ball cap, sunglasses, sunblock)
- sufficient cold water, snacks for a half-day of learning
It is recommended that students review hourly weather forecasts for the date(s) in question).
Moderate weather might not delay training.