Intermediate Pistol Level 2A - Concealed Carry
Intermediate - A must-have class for those that are considering carrying a firearm concealed. This course picks up where your Level 1 class left off.
Duration: 5 hours - 2 hours classroom, 3 hours range
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This is an intermediate pistol class that covers a review of core skills, drills, drawing from concealment, and more.
- Universal safety rules (review)
- Fundamentals of shooting: grip, stance, sights, trigger control, etc.
- Dry practice magazine loading and dry-fire practice (review)
- Two-handed shooting drills/slow fire
- Two-handed shooting drills/speed
- Balancing speed and accuracy for the human target
- Drawing from the holster
- Emergency (slide lock) reloading
- Multiple threat engagement
- Shooting from kneeling/reloading from kneeling
- Retention shooting and CQB
- Level 1 jam clearing
- One-handed shooting (review)
- Using a firearm for self-defense
- Legal issues including Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground
- Storage and children/gun safes/concealed-carry issues such as permits and holsters
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, you will feel more comfortable and confident with your handgun. You will have shot in a variety of situations drawing from a holster, and will have a better understanding of your personal skills and concealed-carry concepts and practical use.
Intermediate, CCW, USCCA Courses
Current valid PA concealed-carry permit is required.
The instructor requires a copy of your Concealed Carry Weapons permit once you register.
- PA residents only, 21 years of age or older.
- Persons ineligible to possess or use a firearm, and felons, are prohibited from this class.
- Successful completion of a Level 1 Basic Pistol class or NRA First Steps is a prerequisite.
- Client must bring a modern working firearm (semi-auto preferred), 2 magazines, 100 rounds of factory new ammunition, and waist-level holster (belt or appendix.)
- Eye and ear protection is also required.
- Please wear range-appropriate clothing/footwear.
- Feel free to bring a snack and a drink.