Level 1 Handgun / Basic Pistol Training SOCO
Basic - A beginners introduction to shooting a handgun
Duration: 4.5 hours. Classroom and range time
|May 7 Sunday||
|6 - 13 Students||12 noon - 4:30 pm||Jim Gregg|
- Great class for beginners or as a refresher
- Universal Safety Rules
- how firearms work
- loading and unloading
- fundamentals of shooting
- Live fire drills to include two handed shooting, one handed shooting,shooting multiple rounds and shooting multiple targets
- legal issues including stand your ground laws, Castle doctrine laws, using force in self-defense, concealed carry permits and best practices
This is a terrific course for the first time or new shooter. Our NRA certified instructors will make learning to shoot a handgun safe, easy, and fun.
We will answer any questions related to the mechanical capabilities of all firearms, legal questions you may have, using a firearm for self-defense, storage, ammunition and more.
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusion of this 5-hour course you will feel safe, comfortable, and confident with your handgun.
You will have shot 50 rounds in a variety of situations and have a better understanding of your personal skill.
Basic, CCW, Seminars / Lectures, USCCA Courses
- Must be a Pennsylvania resident
- Must be legally allowed to handle a firearm
- 18 and over, or 14- 17 with paid parent enrollment
- Persons ineligible to own a firearm or felons prohibited.
- A pistol or revolver in good working condition
- 50 rounds of ammunition for the pistol, factory-new ammunition only; reloads are not permitted
- Large-caliber revolvers are not encouraged
- Hearing and eye protection required throughout training
- Friends or family members may share a firearm
- Appropriate clothing for an outdoor range. NO flip flops, open-toed shoes or low-cut tops. No dresses or skirts.
****A limited number of rental guns are available. Click the add-on box at checkout.****