There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This training class is open to anyone not legally prohibited from owning, possessing, or having access to firearms. Participating in and passing this training course does not guarantee you will be issued a Concealed Carry Pistol License for Washington DC, or any other state or jurisdiction. Permit issuance is solely at the discretion of the Metropolitan Police Department District of Columbia. Renewal permit training is 8 hours
Wear and Carry Permits may be issued to any adult (21 years of age or over) who meets the following criteria:
- An applicant between 21 years of age may only be issued a wear and carry permit to possess a regulated firearm required for employment. - P.S. 5-133 (d)(2)(v)
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year has been imposed; or convicted of a criminal offense for which you could have been sentenced to more than 2 years incarceration.
- Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
- Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction;
- Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person’s possession of a handgun a danger to the person or others;
This 16 hour, 50 round live fire course is requirement to obtain the Metropolitan Police Department District of Columbia. In addition to the minimum requirements issued by the Metropolitan Police Department District of Columbia.:
- Cover the fundamentals of handgun safety, operation and marksmanship
- Discuss DC, Maryland, Virginia, Utah and Federal gun law
- Review self-defense law
- Provide the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively carry a holstered, concealed firearm on a regular basis
- Teach fundamental and also practical techniques for efficient and effective presentation of a handgun from a holster
- Provide entry level training for reloads and also malfunctions
- Discuss mindset, awareness, shoot/don't shoot scenarios, etc...
**While this course satisfies all the requirements as issued by the Maryland State Police, Instructor Vincent Walker does not generally guarantee that the applicant will receive the Concealed Carry Pistol License for Washington DC.
Expectations and Outcomes
The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, and foundational marksmanship skills. must complete an in Classroom Written Exam, and will receive a Course Completion Certificate after Passing the Live-Fire Range Session
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, CCW
Students must bring a valid driver’s license or state issued ID to class with them for verification.
·Students must arrive on time and be present for the entire duration of class
Students are encouraged to bring their own gun, but a gun is not necessary and can be provided. Students are responsible for their 100 rounds of ammunition, range fees, & hearing and eye protection.Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines
To ensure safety, there will be NO AMMUNITION in the classroom.