FL Concealed Carry License Class
Basic - This class is taught in English. Spanish only classes available.
Duration: 2.5 hours classroom and 1 hour range time + 1/2 hour simulator
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The Florida CWL is honored in 36 states and counting.
This 3.5-hour class meets the requirements necessary for students to obtain their Florida Concealed Weapons License. It consists primarily of classroom lecture that covers license protocols, general do’s and don’ts, legal issues, use of force laws, basic firearm safety and a review of basic marksmanship. The class concludes with a live-fire exercise where students demonstrate safe shooting skills. Students are provided with certificates upon successful completion. We will also schedule your appointment to apply for a concealed weapon license in person at a Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) regional office or an authorized Florida tax collector's office in your area.
Florida charges separate processing fees to obtain the CCW license.
- License protocols
- General do’s and don’ts
- Legal issues
- Use of force laws
- Basic firearm safety
- Review of basic marksmanship
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students are provided with certificates which are required should they apply for their Florida Concealed Weapons License.
Basic, CCW, Virtual Simulation
- Valid Drivers License
- Permanent Resident Card (if applicable)
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Any US Citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Click Here for a list of Eligibility Requirements for a Concealed Weapons License.
- Students are STRONGLY encouraged to bring and shoot their own handgun.
- Students are also encouraged to bring a hat, however cut-off shirts or sandals are NOT allowed.
- 50 rounds of ammunition (minimum)