This one-day class is an introduction to the use of pistol-mounted optics on your handgun. Selection, mounting, acquiring the dot from the holster as well as ready positions, and more.
Pistol Mounted Optics (PMO) aren't coming, they are HERE and have quickly gained popularity. Making the switch from iron sights to PMOs doesn't have to be a mystery and this course covers successfully making that transition. After covering what does and doesn’t change along with some optic-centric issues in the classroom, we will be on the range. Topics include:
- Acquiring the dot from the ready and the holster
- Installing & maintaining the optic
- Broken & blocked optics
- Shooting both eyes open
- Shifting one’s visual attention, and
- Zeroing the pistol.
- As in the norm for a Cougar Mountain Solutions (CMS) course, judgment & decision making will be addressed as well.
Expectations and Outcomes
By the end of the day, you'll be on your way to consistently acquiring the dot and hitting your target when coming from a ready position or your holster.
Advanced, Intermediate, Specialty Other
Completion of a defensive handgun class that includes holster work/reloads/stoppages as well as an understanding of applying the 4 Safety Rules practically while working around your firearm while not hazarding your neighbor.
- Note taking materials
- A pistol with an optic (loaners MAY be available with enough notice)
- Appropriate belt
- Appropriate holster & mag pouches,
- 3 mags
- 150 rounds
- Extra battery & tool to change it
- Adjustment tool for optic
- Eyes and ears
- Please bring your lunch, scooby snacks, caffeine, and – of course – water. We will break but the less time is devoted to lunch, the more time we can spend on your dot.
- There is NO additional range fee.