There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This is the mandatory course for the New York State Concealed Carry Firearm Safety Training as required under New York State Law for a NYS Concealed Carry Pistol License.
It is a minimum of 18 hours which includes 16 hour classroom and 2 hour range session.
- Firearms safety and safe handling practices
- Firearm and ammunition function and operation
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Range safety
- Holster and accessory considerations
- Concealed carry considerations
- Safe storage and transportation requirements
- State and federal gun laws
- Situational awareness and concealed carry
- Conflict de-escalation and management
- Effects of drugs and alcohol
- Proper interaction with law enforcement
- Restricted areas
- Use of deadly force and duty to retreat / NY Article 35
- Suicide prevention / recognizing the signs
- Principles of marksmanship
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Dry fire and live fire exercises (firearm, ammunition, eye and ear protection will be provided)
- Written test
Expectations and Outcomes
In order to pass, attendees are required to pass a written examination scoring a minimum of 80% as well as shoot a live fire minimum proficiency qualification at the range.