Defensive Handgun for CCW holders
Intermediate - This course is designed for the person that carries for self defense due to Covid-19 please bring a mask.
Duration: 8-9 Hours
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course introduces the student to cocepts and techniques applicable to defensive use of the handgun. Emphasis is put on shooting skill for application in real-life circumstances. We also focus on the Mindset, Gun-handling, and Definsive Marksmanship
We will train on the following:
- Range rules
- Safe handling of firearms
- Drawing and presenting your weapon and how stress will play a role.
- Equipment selection, and ammuntion for everyday carry
- Loading, unloading, malfunction clearance.
- Use of cover and cocealment
- Multiple targets, movement, and tactics.
- Targets (what is a target?)
Expectations and Outcomes
At the completion of this course the student will demonstrate profiency and confidence in the above topics.
Concealed weapons permit
State issued identification
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your Concealed Carry Weapons permit once you register.
300 round of factory ammunition ( no reloads)
- Centerfire handgun in a minimum defensive caliber (generally, 380 or .38spl or larger, with some exceptions.
- Spare magazines (2, at least)
- Spare ammunition pouches, carrier, or magazine holster
- Method of carrying and concealing the handgun (i.e.- suitable belt and belt holster, jacket, vest, etc. Shoulder holsters and center of the back are not allowed. if you have questions please contact the instructor before you sign up for class.
- Ear protection – electronic muffs strongly recommended.
- Eye protection
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Cap with a brim
- Rugged shoes or boots
- Lunch and drinks (bring water)
- Optional comfort items (rain gear, sunscreen, knee/elbow pads, etc.)
- Folding type chair, if you would like a place to sit on breaks