The USCCA’s AR-15 Fundamentals course is designed to introduce responsible gun owners to the safe handling, proper maintenance, and effective use of AR-15-style rifles and to bring awareness to the usefulness of this platform in the context of civilian home defense and defense of life.
Classroom instruction will cover topics such as:
- Basic AR-15 nomenclature and function
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Accessorizing the AR-15
- Fundamentals of AR-15 marksmanship
- Zero verification
- Efficient operation of an AR-15
- How students recognize their capabilities with an AR-15
- The importance of round trajectory and mechanical offset for close encounters
- How to improve skills and precision with an AR-15
- Specifically designed for training at 5-10 yards, the average distance of self-defense incidents
Expectations and Outcomes
Each student who successfully completes this course will receive a Certificate of Completion from the USCCA and Northpointe Training, LLC.
Basic, In Home Defense Training, Private Classes (Group / Individual), Rifle, USCCA Courses
Please bring a current, unexpired Ohio Driver License or CCW/CHL to class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Note taking materials
- AR-15 Firearm or Pistol Carbine (if needed, this may be rented from Parma Armory)
- A sling, preferably a two-point version, which will serve as your carbine’s “holster” during training
- Minimum of 2 extra magazines (More mags are definitely better!! 😉)
- 200 rounds or more of proper factory ammunition for your rifle – NO RELOADS!! FYI, the more ammo you have, the more we will be able to shoot 😉. If needed, ammo may be purchased from Parma Armory
- ELECTRONIC hearing protection - Students must be able to clearly hear and understand instructors/instructions during this training
- Eye Protection - Please note that prescription lenses are fine for range use
- Brimmed hat or ball cap
- A range bag
- Appropriate range clothing - No low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes, etc.
- Lunch (We will NOT take a break for lunch – We will have a working lunch), snacks, and hydration
- A willingness to be an attentive, safe, and diligent learner with a positive and receptive attitude!! 😊