USCCA Defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 2
Intermediate - This class builds on the skills that were introduced in the Defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 1 class.
Duration: 2 hours classroom, 6 hours range time
This class is designed and intended for graduates of DSF Level 1. It takes the skills learned in DSF L1 to the next level with more movement, more threats, and more great shooting opportunities and experiences!! 😎
You’ll learn safety & training goals, Concepts of Counter-Ambush Training and Combat-Focused Shooting, and Practical Shooting Skills to Survive a Critical Dynamic Incident.DSF Level 2 revisits the core shooting drills of DSF Level 1, but DSF Level 2 revolves primarily around the range and live fire training.
- A Refresher on the DSF Level 1 drills
- Strong-Hand Only - Balance of Speed & Precision
- Support-Hand Only Drills
- Multiple Target Engagement
- “Take a Lap”
- Volume of Fire (optional per instructor)
- Cognitive Drill (optional per instructor)
- Concealed Carry Simulation
- A Brief Discussion About Emergency Medical Equipment for the Range
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful course completion, students will receive a certificate of achievement
Advanced, Intermediate, USCCA Courses
Please be prepared to present a valid Driver License.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your Concealed Carry Weapons permit once you register.
- Modern defensive pistol
- Holster (OWB, IWB, Appendix) - no shoulder, cross draw, Serpa, or middle-of-back styles
- At least three (3) magazines
- Speed loader
- Mag Pouch
- Sturdy gun belt - Please understand this is NOT a Sunday-go-to-meeting belt. This is a rugged belt designed to support the weight of a firearm, a holster, and other carry accessories
- Ammo: 400 rounds, minimum. The more ammo you bring, the more you can shoot!! 😎
- ELECTRONIC hearing protection - Students must be able to clearly hear and understand instructors/instructions during this training
- Eye protection
- Appropriate range clothing - No low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes, etc.
- Brimmed hat or ball cap
- Note taking materials
- Lunch, snacks, and hydration
- A willingness to be an attentive, safe, and diligent learner with a positive and receptive attitude!! 😊