Basic Defensive Handgun
Basic - Maybe you're planning on getting your SC Concealed Weapons Permit, or you already have one and you realize you need more training to safely and effectively carry.
Duration: 2 hours classroom, 6 hours range time.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Maybe you're planning on getting your SC Concealed Weapons Permit, or you already have one and you realize you need more training to safely and effectively carry. With a combination of two hours of classroom and six hours of range time, you will come away grounded in the basics of defensively carrying a handgun.
- Safely Carrying A Handgun
- Sight Alignment & Adjustment
- Malfunctions You Can Expect & How To Clear Them
- Threat Identification & Engagement
Expectations and Outcomes
- You'll Know Your Gun's Sights Are "On"
- You'll Understand The Defensive Capabilities & Limitations Of Your Gun
- You'll Know How To Clear Malfunctions
- You'll Know How To Reload Your Gun
- Cased, UNLOADED centerfire double action revolver or a semiautomatic pistol
- Minimum of 3 (three) Magazines (Speedloaders for Revolvers)
- 300 (three hundred) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class
- Strong side holster for the handgun to be used in class. (Can be inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No ankle, crossdraw, or shoulder holsters will be allowed.)
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)