Intro to Carbine is perfect for people who are new to semi-automatic rifles or those who are considering buying an AR-type carbine. This 3-hour course covers the basics of modern semi-automatic weapons, focusing on the characteristics of the AR platform and shooting fundamentals. This training also covers a weapon’s accessories, such as prism scope vs the traditional red dot tubes. It is highly recommended that carbine users consider a “dot” optical sight on their carbine. Make sure to bring the user manual for your scope or optics and carbine. Use of scopes for long range shooting is not covered in the class.
This course consists of a short lecture, demonstrations, dry-fire practice, obtaining a zero, and manipulation shooting exercises focused on introducing the shooter to defensive shooting.
- Safe use and storage of a carbine
- Carbine operation and accessories
- Basics of ballistics
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Carbine manipulations: load, unload, immediate action, remedial action, corrective action
- Zero at 25 yards; prone or from bench
- Basic standing position
- Weapon inspection and maintenance
Basic, In Home Defense Training, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Rifle
Students must be at least 18 years old, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D. No previous training required.
WE DO NOT SALE AMMO!
- Eye and ear protection
- Carbine (AR-15, M-4)
- 2 magazines
- 100 rounds of quality ammunition
- Cleaning Kit
- a sling is highly recommneded