About Combative Systems International, Inc. - CSI
MICHAEL JAMES LAZARUS SR.
Law Enforcement - Security - Civilians Firearms & Tactics Instructor
353 Broyles Drive, SE; Palm Bay, FL 32909
Ofc: (954) 848-1869; Cell: (954)661-0484; Email: email@example.com
GLOBAL SECURITY • LAW ENFORCEMENT • CRISIS INTERVENTION:
Sergeant Michael James Lazarus is the Owner and Master Instructor of Combative Systems International, Inc (CSI) with its office located in Palm Bay, Florida.
He is a 25-year veteran of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service. Graduating with honors from basic training, he accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experiences in the Field. As Primary Firearms, Tactics and Street Survival Instructor during his 20 Years at the Police Academy, he trained, led and supervised a team of instructors. His responsibilities included formulating, developing, coordinating and implementing Training Programs, designing Lesson Plans and Schedules for the membership (6000), Special Teams and Units.
Sergeant Lazarus was highly recommended and selected to be the Chief Instructor for the Organized Crime and Counter-Narcotics Unit (OCNU) under the auspices of the US-DEA. He was tasked with the special assignment of training and formulating the Unit’s first ever Special Entry and Rural Operations Team. For the latter, he successfully completed instructor training by the Special Forces (SF), and Special Operations Group (SOG) of the Trinidad & Tobago Defense Force (TTDF) in Jungle Operations and Survival. His assignment successfully completed, he proceeded to train and mentor the Unit’s Instructors, and received special awards and commendations by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS), and the United States, Drug Enforcement Agency (USDEA).
As a United States citizen, he was employed as a Defense Contractor by DynCorp International, LLC at US Army Base, As Sailiya in Doha, Qatar in Force Protection. With promotion to Assistant Lead Guard, he led and supervised the Security Operations Team for CENTCOM / CMPC and BDOC compound. Deployed to Afghanistan as a Protective Security Detail (PSD)Team Member (Shooter), he gained rapid promotion to the position of PSD Team Lead.
This was followed by promotion to Site Security Manager (SSM) throughout several Afghanistan Provinces for Base Defense. He was then subsequently selected and transferred to the General Department of Police Special Unit (GDPSU) Special Police Training Center (SPTC) in Wardak Province, as a Training Coordinator/Mentor/Subject Matter Expert with the US Led International Security Assistance Forces / Special Operations Forces (ISAF/SOF).
Subjects he actively taught at the SPTC included Close Quarter Battle / Combat, Advanced Tactical Firearms, Routine Traffic Stops, Rapid Vehicle Takedowns, Counter-Improvised Explosive Devices (C-IED), Combat Physical Training & Mental Fitness, Convoy Operations, Small Unit Tactics, Surveillance & Information gathering, Building Entry/Room Search & Clearing/Extraction, Arrest and Control Techniques, Weapon Retention, and Baton Techniques.
At the cessation of training operations in Wardak, and prior to End of Mission (EOM), he was selected and assigned with a special team of instructors to train the members of the Afghan President's, Afghan Public Protection Force (APPF) in Kabul. As a longtime member the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI), he has also trained and taught numerous US and International Law Enforcement Officers at their Annual Training Conferences.
Sergeant Lazarus has Fifty-Five (55) years Martial Arts training in several disciplines and has trained thousands of students internationally. He is an Inductee with multiple honors into the Florida Gold Coast, Martial Art Hall of Fame for his contribution to enhancing the growth and development of Law Enforcement Defense Tactics. He is also the recipient of numerous Martial Arts Awards and special commendations from other United States Martial Arts Associations. Included is the former Florida Chapter of the “First Special Service Forces”-WWII (FSSF) aka – “The Black Devils” at their Annual Reunions, as a special VIP Guest and Speaker with other special invited Military Dignitaries.
He is a professionally accredited international Law Enforcement Firearms and Tactics instructor with extensive practical and tactical field operations experience. He has an impressive academic background graduating Valedictorian from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center....(FITP & SAPP-409 (1994). Other US training includes the US Government Joint Training Center (1989), and Law Enforcement Officers Training School in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigations (1996) - Hostage Negotiations, Kidnapping Investigations and Crisis Management.
He has a proven record exceeding aggressive performance metrics with personal accolades from high profile military and government officials for loyalty, training excellence, dedication, field operations, and leadership. An agile communicator adaptable to the most challenging global environments with unceasing professionalism. And, a performance-driven leader devoted to the development and enhancement of Law Enforcement Operations and Security through Training and Education.
CCW, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Rifle, Shotgun, Scenario Based Training, Women's Only Courses, Instructor Training Courses, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Seminars / Lectures
Professional Courses and Training 1980 to Present
- 2019- IALEFI - ATC / Elite Training Specialists (ETS): Civilian Active Shooter Instructor.
- 2017- National Rifle Association: Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor.
- 2013- Task Force Palladin / ISAF SOF- IJC: Counter Improvised Explosive Device Instructor.
- 2013- USAF/SOF: DShka Heavy Maghine Gun.
- 2013- Department of Justice Certification: Law Enforcement ICITAP Master Instructor.
- 2013- ISAF/SOF: International SWAT Core Operator Instructor Course.
- 2012- International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program (ICITAP):DOJ Master Instructor.
- 2011- DynCorp International: Police Instructor Development Course.
- 2010- DynCorp International: Personal Security Detail (PSD); M4, M9, M240 & M249 Automatic Weapons (PSD); High Risk Motorcade (PSD); ACAS Armored Vehicle Driving Course; PSD Medic Course; Crucible: High Risk Environment Course.
- 2010- Homeland Security Network: HSN’s Rapid Threat Recognition.
- 2009- DynCorp International: Force Protection Security Course.
- 2007- Security Solutions International: Gulf Coast Terrorism Prevention Course.
- 2007- NRA & SIGARMS Academy: LE Firearms Instructor for Handgun & Shotgun.
- 2006- Russian Martial Arts Systema: Summit of Masters (Instructor In-Training).
- 2005- S2 Safety and Intelligence Institute: Assessing Terrorism Related Risk.
- 2002- International Association of Counter Terrorism and Security Personnel (IACSP): Terrorism Trends and Forecasts.
- 2000- Pan American Health Organization/ World Health Organization: Law Enforcement Forensic Psychiatry Course.
- 2000- International Protective Services (IPS): Weapons of Mass Destruction, Anti/Counter Terrorism and Airline Safety Course, Israeli Hand-to-Hand Tactics Training, CPR Re-certification, First Responder, OC Pepper Certification, Blood Borne Pathogens & Tuberculosis Course.
- 2000- Cold Steel Training Division: Edge Weapons Program; Executive Protective Institute (EPI): Professional Pistol Defense Program; Sig Arms Academy: Protectors Pistol Defense Program; Armament Systems and Procedures (ASP): Tactical Baton Training.
- 1996 to 2008- International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor (IALEFI) Annual Training.
- 1999-Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS): Advanced Leadership/ Drill Instructors Course, Advanced Police Firearms and Tactics Course
- Federal Aviation Administration / International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors Inc. (FAA/IALEFI): Law Enforcement Officer Flying Armed Course.
- 1998-1999 Trinidad & Tobago Defense Force (TTDF): Special Forces (SF) & Special Operations Group (SOG): Basic Jungle Operations & Survival Course
- 1997- Speer/CCI: Ammunition Ballistics.
- 1996- Law Enforcement Officers Training School / Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI): Kidnapping Investigations, Hostage Negotiations, Crisis Management.
- 1994- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC): Firearms Instructors Training Program 409, Semi Automatic Pistol Program 409, Sharpshooter.
- 1993- Heckler and Koch (H&K) - MP5 9MM Sub Machine Gun.
- 1992- Trinidad & Tobago Police Service/ Organized Crime and Narcotics Unit: Surveillance Techniques, Decoys and Use of Decoys, Interviewing Techniques.
- 1989- United States of America Joint Training Center: Hostage Negotiations.
- 1986- Trinidad Rifle Association: Rifle and Pistol Coaching Techniques.
- 1984- Trinidad & Tobago Government Teacher’s College: Teaching Techniques, Psychology of Learning, Adult Learning, Role Play, Evaluation an Assessment of Learning, Audio/Visual Aids, Formulating Objectives, Lesson Plans and Programs.
- 1983- Trinidad & Tobago Defense Force: Physical Education Instructor’s Course.
- 1980- Trinidad & Tobago Police Services: Police Instructors Program- Firearms, Tactics, Crowd Control, Riot Suppression, Foot/Arms Drill, Physical Training
Combative Systems International, Inc. reserves the right to:
• Cancel courses, change course location, change instructors, or change course content.
• Cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date.
• In the event that a course must be cancelled, or the location of the course changed, registrants will be informed 30 days prior to the start of the course.
• Combative Systems International, Inc is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
• If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as a natural, or man-made disaster, the customer is entitled to a full refund or reschedule for a future training course.
• Notice to registrants will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
• All cancellation requests must be submitted within 30 calendar days of registration, and no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled course date, in order to receive a full refund of paid registration fees.
• Registrant "No Shows" and "Cancellations" not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration. No Refund.